Oh yeah...


I think I should tell you something very simple, but 'kept me going' when writing my novel.

As I have written, having an outline was an absolute must. Not only was it a quick way to improve my novel, it was also a way to remind me of where I wanted to go with it.

But the thing that really pushed me, the thing that made me keep to it, was the end of the novel, the final story, the thing that would tie it all together.

I didn't just skip to the end and write from that point backwards, even though I wanted to at times, I didn't.

I am glad I didn't too, because it made the process much more dynamic, much more fluid, easily being able to change the book.

That is important because had I started by writing the end of the novel, I may have limited myself to an ending which could have been better.

Re-writing the ending is one way to go, I guess you could say I have done that anyway, but the outline is only a tool to keep you on target, not a definitive manuscript.

No comments: